Monday, November 10, 2008

The Cars


The Cars - Let's Go 1979 - I bought this on vinyl right when it first came out

This song has me betwixt.

Dave of The11thhour wrote a post about The Fixx, which has me thinking about the late 1970s, and early 1980s. Damn you Dave! Just joking buddy. Man the 1980s were weird - but in a nice way. By the way Dave and I were into New Wave much earlier than most here in Springfield, Illinois. Early enough to catch some flak about it. Ha. Remember Apple Tree Records?

This song could now be about my teenage daughter, which I find amazing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your post is weird for me because I just recently purchased The Cars debut album on vinyl from Recycled Records (I forgot how great it was too! Man it rocks!) after fixing my turntable and my husband and I were just recently reminiscing about Appletree Records!!!

email jp

  • jeromeprophet@gmail.com

copyright

archive

visitors

evworld

Slashdot

Wired News: Top Stories