Friday, July 11, 2008

While I Burn And I Rot

While I Burn And I Rot
by jeromeprophet

My hand hesitated
My heart it did not
In that moment I waited
and found grace to stop

For if I had done
What I had wanted to do
Your blood it would run
I'd have followed it through

I'd have hurt you my dear
And I wouldn't want that
Even though I don't care
My thoughts are still mad

So I put the knife down
And I picked up this pen
And I scrawled all these words
Words filled with my sin

And I look at them now
written in blood
not your life my dear
It's my red river that floods

You'll never know how
close you did come
to joining me down in
Hades my love

So use your gift wisely
And think of me not
Live your time twicely
While I burn and I rot

2 comments:

ANNA-LYS said...

Beautiful put forward!!!

<3

JeromeProphet said...

Thank you Anna-Lys.

Miss you.

JP

email jp

  • jeromeprophet@gmail.com

copyright

archive

visitors

evworld

Slashdot

Wired News: Top Stories