Monday, July 09, 2007

Order of the Phoenix - My Take

Last week I announced on this blog that I started reading Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. I have read every book in the series just before attending its theatrical release.

Part of the reason why I chose to read the books just before each movie was released was laziness, but as each movie approached I also realized that I enjoyed racing to finish the associated book just in the nick of time.

And so this weekend I decided I simply had to finish up Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, what with the movie coming out in a matter of days.

This morning I finished the book after reading all night. In fact I left just twenty pages for myself before sleeping, and finished those up this morning.

As this isn't going to be an actual review of the book I'll cut to the chase and simply say - wow!

Great book for what it is.

Tonight I watched a one hour retrospective which appeared on A&E which reviewed the first four Harry Potter books, and movies. It also included many recent interviews of the actors which portray the main characters in the series, and included some tantalizing clips from the soon to be released movie.

From everything I've seen I can tell you it looks very exciting.

I can think of no other series of books or movies which start their main characters out as children, and slowly progress them through adolescence, and what will inevitably be early adulthood. So this must be really exciting for my daughter's generation who have aged year by year in step with the characters in the movies.

Also, there's the fact that the last book in the Harry Potter series is due for release later this month.

I plan to break my pattern, and purchase the two remaining books in the series.

I'm doing this as a form of self defense, for if I don't one of my coworkers will ruin the ending of the series for me, and I won't let that happen.

Stephen King is correct when he says that a hundred years from now people will still be reading the books in this series.

No doubt I'll be going to the movie this week!

No comments:

email jp

  • jeromeprophet@gmail.com

copyright

archive

visitors

evworld

Slashdot

Wired News: Top Stories