Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Patton - God I Love It So


George Patton The Movie
.
"All very successful commanders are prima donnas and must be so treated". - George Patton -
.
I can't help myself. When Patton the movie is broadcast I must watch. My wife thinks I'm insane, but the fact is there are certain movies which I find impossible to turn off. Patton is one of those movies.

I don't know how many times I've watched Patton, probably dozens. Each time it seems better. Now that is wild isn't it? George C. Scott really commanded the role didn't he?

I'd probably re-do the battle scenes with some digital effects, but that's all I'd change about the movie. The story, the acting, and everything else stands the test of decades. It's still a remarkable movie.
.
.

All Real Americans Love The Sting Of Battle
.
.
"If we take the generally accepted definition of bravery as a quality which knows no fear, I have never seen a brave man. All men are frightened. The more intelligent they are, the more they are frightened". -George Patton-
.
How Accurate is Patton the movie?
.

No comments:

email jp

  • jeromeprophet@gmail.com

copyright

archive

visitors

evworld

Slashdot

Wired News: Top Stories